Facebook knows that eventually, most businesses worldwide will turn to Facebook to carry out some of their marketing operations. Facebook Marketing Solutions has published a whitepaper aimed to facilitate business users to turn around their business in merely three weeks. How does that sound?
Facebook’s approach has been simple. It has plotted weekly tasks for businesses to perform. If you are a new business, here’s the way to go:
Week 1: “Connect People to Your Page”
- Gain Connections: It is crucial to realize who the connections of the business are. Connect with them!
- If the business has a physical location, claim it!
- Create a page and add as much information as possible. Adding photos is a must.
- Make posts at least twice a week. Critical to have a schedule for this purpose.
- Invite advocates to “LIKE” the page.
- Once you have topped 25 fans, get a personalized link to the page by visiting facebook.com/username.
- Put this personalized link on all marketing channels (business cards, receipts, email etc.) and promote to visiting customers.
Week 2: “Reach People & Their Friends”
- Engage fans by posting pictures & videos once or twice a week. Ask questions and respond. Communicate!
- Experiment with promotions & discounts available to fans only. Check out facebook.com/sprinkles to get an idea.
- Create a Page Post Ad. Will increase the chance of reaching out by 3-5 times to fans.
- Create a Facebook Ad for your page to incentivize people.
- Experiment with different images and ad copy with the Facebook Ads. Check out which one works best.
- Create a first Sponsor Story.
- If People regularly check-in on your business, create a check-in Sponsor Story.
- Create a Welcome tab on your landing page to maximize “LIKES”.
Week 3: “Insights & Optimization”
- Review Page Insight data to get an idea of how popular your business is, what type of content is most engaging, demographics and location of fans.
- Review Ads Manager regularly at facebook.com/ads/manage.
- Be sure to have different campaign for different products and regions.
- Refresh image for ads that are working well to help maintain performance. Shift budget to ads that work well.
- Put a Facebook “LIKE” button on your webpage to create further awareness.
- Turn fans into page leads by posting an incentive and directing them to existing lead generation forms or promotions.
Your business should be ready to make some extra dollars!